The 2018 Nexus Conference will focus on the:
- Science-policy interface;
- review of Sustainable Development Goal commitments (2018 and for the Heads of State review in 2019);
- sharing of tools, indicators and methodologies; and
- the identification of gaps.
The conference will facilitate space for the development of collaborative work.
It will build on recognizing and respecting the work that sector experts are engaged with while also addressing some key challenges that will require a Nexus approach these include:
- Agriculture will have to produce 30-50% more food by 2030
- Primary energy needs will increase by 40% by 2030
- Demand for water will exceed global availability by 40 % in 2030
- Surge of 200 million climate change refugees will reverse global healthcare progress by 2050